course Overview and Entry Requirements
60 credits at Foundation level
The Qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their capabilities within the business sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
In addition, the qualification provides pathway to those who want to further their studies in some UK or international universities.
This qualification is offered by Malvern online and includes:
Other study options:
For those interested to do part of their studies in London, there is a blended option available with the following modes:
- Complimentary live English class is offered to all of the above options
- English Language requirement
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent (internal test is available for those who do not have an official IELTS certificate) and
- O-Level or equivalent with minimum CCCC or
- Learners who possess Qualifications at Level 2 and/or
- Learners who have work experience in a business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals or
- Learners who possess a level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in business management.
- Students entering with IELTS 4.5 will attend the live English language class for 6 months as a compliment
- Students entering with IELTS 5 will attend the live English language class for 3 months as a compliment
Intakes and terms in 2020:
- May: 18thof May to 10thof July
- July: 20thof July to 11thof September
- Sep: 21stof September to 13thof November
- Course is delivered in
- 3 terms
- 10 weeks per term
- 2 modules per term
- Special note: there is no break between the current terms to prepare students for January intake
What will be covered and how it will be covered:
- An Introduction to the Business Environment
- Business Resources
- An Introduction to Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Recruitment and Selection in Business
- English language live lessons
- Academic writing skills lessons
- Online learning with access to learning resources and slides and guide videos
- You are required to study 40 hours per week if you want to complete the course within the full time, time frame.
- Live webinars on weekly basis (2 hours per week per module)
- Daily live English language classes to attend (10 hours per week)
- You will be allocated a tutor to mentor you through the qualification
- London classes: 20 hours per week / face to face delivery
- All modules are assignment based and you are required to submit the assignments before a given deadline.
- All assignments will be submitted to Turnitin software and are subject to check for plagiarism.
- It may be requested to attend an interview for each assignment to check the authenticity of your work.
- Minimum pass rate required is 50% mark for each assignment.
Fees for lessons:
- Full online including live classes: US$2,500
- 2 terms online and one term in London: additional US$2,000 fee applied
- Additional one week business review and exposure in London: $1,000
One-week business review and exposure to London includes:
- Date: November 2020 (for 2020)
- 10 hours of lessons – introduction to UK
- University visits – discovering study in the UK
- Introduction to UK business
- Visiting local attractions in London
- One day excursion trip outside London
- Accommodation – homestay family (explore living with UK families)
- Meals and transport (including airport pick up)