This Module will develop the knowledge necessary to
understand key concepts of the marketing mix, marketing
planning and marketing research.
• As an introduction to marketing, the module will allow learners who study other specialist marketing modules to keep in mind the strategic purpose of the marketing function and how it contributes to business success.
• Learners will gain basic understanding of the role of the
marketing function, with particular emphasis on the role of
marketing research and how it contributes to marketing
planning and the development of a marketing mix for a target
group of customers.
• Learners will have the opportunity to develop, analyse and
evaluate key marketing techniques in order to obtain a better
understanding of them.
1. The Marketing Concept
2. Analysing the Marketing Environment
3. Market Research
4. Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
5. Developing a Marketing Mix – Part 1 – Product
6. Developing a Marketing Mix – Part 2 – Price &
7. Developing a Marketing Mix – Part 3 – Promotion
1. Know the importance of marketing in an
2. Understand marketing research and
3. Understand how and why customer
groups are targeted.
4. Be able to develop a coherent marketing